18/11/2009

..."I'm mad. You're mad"...





“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”



“All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

“Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,” thought Alice; “but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!”

***
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."


***

Mad hatter: "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn' t be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? "


***


"Door: Why it's simply impassible!

Alice: Why, don't you mean impossible?

Door: No, I do mean impassible. (chuckles) Nothing's impossible!"



***


"Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."


3 comentários:

princess... disse...

GROW UP GIRL!!!!

A 'Alice no País das Maravilhas', sempre foi das minhas histórias favoritas! Aqui está uma miuda com personalidade, e que é capaz de irritar qualquer um com tanta curiosidade e perguntas.

Are you a mad girl???

menina... disse...

Gostei da imagem, lembra 'The Walking City'.

Mir disse...

lollol eu gosto de todas as personagens do pais das maravilhas, mas a minha favorita é o mad hatter(chapeleiro)!!

"And we are all mad here, I'm mad, you are mad..."

e "the walking city" tem a ver com arquitectura certo?!!! desculpa a minha ignorância lol!!

beijo grande